The beer gardens are back, the mood is high, and everybody is starting to feel those much missed summer vibes. As we’ve slowly crept out of hiding to go to the hairdressers, barbers and salons, we thought now would be a good time to share the flavours of the Active Profilers’ month. Although still based remotely, that hasn’t stopped the team from continuing to share all the positive energy!
The rise of the north:
Last month we saw Innovation Greater Manchester in the news with the potential to create 100,000 new jobs and provide an economic boost of £7 billion. Keeping in line with the positive news from the north, The ‘Good Business’ Festival has returned to Liverpool, providing reassurance that good times are coming. This is one of the first large scale events taking place in the UK, with Liverpool City Region once again leading the way, following the mass testing roll out earlier this year.
After a year of despair and uncertainty across a number of industries, the festival will bring people and industries together to learn from one another and drive a positive outlook on operating in a post-COVID world. This is something we’re all so glad to see!
We’re listening to:
- Anything on Audible! As a team, we have discussed this is great detail and Audible is the way forward. Between children, work, keeping fit, cooking and everything else us busy Active Profilers get up to on a day-to-day basis, Audible has changed the way we ‘read’ books. With Megan being able to listen to a book while getting her 10,000 steps a day in and Andy being able to listen while he’s running, audible means we get the pleasure of reading while being able to keep up with our daily activities – what’s not to love?
- The Wedding Present: Locked Down and Stripped Back
- Nicky says: “I’m all about this album at the moment, it’s all of The Wedding Present’s old songs but completely stripped back with a much softer sound. I can highly recommend!”
- Too Close
- Available on ITV player, Too Close is definitely talk of the (virtual) office among a number of Active Profilers. With the dark side of mental health being a focal point in a fictional setting, a forensic psychologist tries to uncover the reasoning behind a mother driving her car off a bridge with two children in the back. It’s a 10/10 from us.
- The Flight Attendant:
- If you don’t like hybrid-genres, then this won’t be the one for you. This thriller meets comedy adaptation of Chris Bohjalian’s novel of the same name is the marmite of shows – you’ll either love it or hate it and we LOVE it. When a flight attendant wakes up next to a dead body, you know things are going to be wild. Available on Sky One -it’s definitely one to watch.
- Cait says: “A book written by a South Korean Buddhist and meditation teacher, it’s the kind of thing you can pick up, flick through, read some inspirational, thought provoking quotes and have your outlook and attitude changed. Living a fast-paced lifestyle, this book really does provide the daily dose of Zen that everybody needs.”
- Megan says: “The ultimate tale of family loyalty, this short little novel focusses on the life of nurse Korede and the lengths she must go to protect her serial killer sister, Ayoola. It’s dark, funny and will have you hooked after the first page. “
- Our MD Anna is all about the aroma this month! If you fancy a change from incense burners, candles, room sprays and the rest, you can put your favourite essential oils in a diffuser, creating a spa like feel to your home, you can even change the colour to match your mood. Anna’s personal favourites are lemongrass and bergamot.
- Like the rest of the country, we’re living for the social media side of the #FreeCuthbert case, as the budget friendly, caterpillar cake is under attack. While we know that plagiarising is no laughing matter, Aldi’s social media team is certainly making light of the caterpillar’s court case and everyone is here for it. The social media team deserves a raise! If you fancy a laugh, check out Aldi’s Twitter – you won’t regret it! But the question is, whose side are you on? Drop us a Tweet @ActiveProfileUK and let us know if you’re team Colin or Cuthbert…